 Space / 23497
Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 01:34:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
I really like the idea of SIGs.  There is more then trains to display.  :)
Although you get the basic 'where to display' problem, 'cause there are
about a million train shows around but much fewer sci-fi displays and
practically no Castle displays.

     If you want to see more places to display MOCs, _make_ more places to
display MOCs.  Talk to local toy/hobby stores and/or malls and see if they'd
be interested in having an event day where people could stop by and check
out what's possible.  Talk to local RenFairs and see if they'd be willing to
allow a Castle display (yeah, the actual bricks aren't exactly 'medieval',
but neither was the canvas hanging-chair that a friend of mine bought at one
on the way back from GenCon).  The point is, don't assume you can only
participate in pre-existing events.

It would be cool to see a few SIGs popping up.  I, of course, would like to
participate in one, although I only know of one spacer within an hour or two
of my city(Kyle Keppler).  *cough* anybody around Jacksonivlle, FL?  *cough*

     I'd be willing to participate if you can fly me there from Michigan
every month...  ;P