 Space / 22717
Re: Warping in with a new MOC - the Mantaclaw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:52:43 GMT

I've always loved tugs and other spacedock ships...this one definately rates
as one of the best I've seen.

Aside from the wonderful use of greebs, articulated bit and such, I think
what really makes if for me is the sloped & hinged red walls of the back
compartment.  A look at modern day heavy machinery displays this rhombus
design and normally houses all the guts and gears.  Incorporating it into
this model is brillant....gives it that connection to the present that makes
it's purpose immediately recognizable.

Cool stuff.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Zac Soden writes:
Hi everyone,

After moving house and starting a course in electronics engineering, my Lego
building time has been a little on the non-existant side. I got inspired
after looking over some cool space stuff on brickshelf and decided to go
ahead with a design that I'd sketched out around a year ago.

So here it is, the Mantaclaw Space Service Vehicle:

http://www.ozbricks.com/battlespace/mantaclaw.htm

The model was half an experiment in building with "minimal visible studs"
techniques. I think it turned out quite nicely.

Feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!

Zac Soden