 Space / 22643
Re: I'd drop a pin, but it might be too much for our ears.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:06:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Markham Carroll writes:
Is it just me, or has .space been really slow and quiet lately?

Not just you.  I think all of Lugnet has been just a tad slower during the
past week or so.  Still, we can't complain.  I think .space is still
relatively more active than most groups (excepting .trains, .robotics, and
.cad of course, oh and those Toronto people seem to have a lot going on too).

What's everyone's excuse?
School?

Not for me.  But as was mentioned, those who are in school are busy this
time of year.

Work?

Yes, partially.  Work has been a little busier for me recently.

Secret MOC projects that are
secretly secret until you don't want them to be a secret anymore?

I always have a few of these going on.  I like surprising the community
sometimes.  The Castle's Revenge was an idea I had for maybe 10 years before
finishing and posting.

I've also seen a few things on Brickshelf that are yet to be announced, so
none of you can't say you haven't done anything. :p

I don't use BS, but it may be that posters are waiting to announce their
models so that they are fully moderated when they announce.

Other possible excuses:

-Personal Life?

Yup.  A few months ago I started dating a woman who has amazed me in ways I
never knew possible.  Just when I had given up on finding that someone
special, she seems to have shown up!  As you might guess, this does eat into
my building time somewhat.  ;)

-Non-Postable Brick-Related Hobbies?

Yes.  I spent several hours this weekend updating and correcting errata on
the Starship website.  Although this is ABS related, and it is very Space
related, I have refrained from posting about SS too much in .space because
it is a game and it has its own message board...
http://www.valyance.com/starship

-Technical Issues?

Yup.  As I have ranted about before, my computer is slow, my internet
connection at home is slower, and my funding for a decent digital camera is
non-existant.  These factors add up to me only getting new pictures online
maybe two or three times a year.  Someday, this will change, but for now it
is one of the reasons I don't do much more than babble in Lugnet (from your
perspectives anyway).  :)

Anyhoo, you asked for excuses.  Thought I'd list a few.  ;-P

-Hendo