 Space / 21963
Re: Grimlock Interceptor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 21:11:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells writes:

LOL! Those are the smallest quarters I've ever seen!

Thanks. That's what I was going for. I figured, that the bare necessities
are all that's required - and that's what he got.

There's plenty of power in there, don't be fooled...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/dh34154/Grimlock/grimlock_eenviro_2.jpg

Wow, that's a big engine for that size craft!  He must get a lot of speeding
tickets!  I really like the engine; very big and powerful.  Good greebles
too.  I like the the nice touch of the of the vent in the back (8x8 plate
with grille).  Engine's that big would surely melt the craft without some
ventalation system. (I'm always being picky about making things "realistic"
and "beleviable")

I tried making the engine beleiveable. After seeing a couple of specials on
PBS about modern military aircraft, I realized just how much of the aircraft
itself is dedicated to propulsion. I figured it would carry over to
spacecraft as well.
There were a couple of "other" modifications that were done during the
retrofit that weren't documented. They help Blaine maintain a steady income
when outlaws are scarce.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/dh34154/Grimlock/grimlock_smuggler_1.jpg

That isn't much room for smuggled goods.  Maybe he had no other space for
his toothbrush. ;-) • Depends on what you're smuggling :-)

The only (very) minor dislike is the color scheme.  But that is just my
personality, and I'm very wierd anyway, acording to my sister.  ;-)

No problem. I tend to build a lot with black which 1) tends to make a craft
monochromatic. and 2) is hard to photograph. Neither of which is very good.
I felt good about getting the just working the blue in. It's one of the
areas where I know I need improvement.
Keep Building,

Nathan Wells

Thanks for the comments.