 Space / 21774
Re: Station 45
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:16:40 GMT

KG! bring it on! Station 45 is a hit and you did a great job! I was glad
when I stumbled onto your MOC. I thought I had a fair idea of who was gonna
be at Bricks West and it was a pleasant surprise. I love Station 45 for many
reasons. Cheif amoung them is the fact that it's a diorama of sorts. I think
that's why alot of others love it too. Your one of the few people that has
intergrated the back drop and scenery to advantage.

One of the things Bryce, Dave and I noticed is that when you brought ST45
over to the public display, we were looking at the Back side of the MOC and
we saw that it didn't have a bunch of mish-mashed colors that you stuck on
the inside. Rather the grey carried through to the back and it was just as
well done on the back as it was in the front. Stuff like that speaks volumes
to us and it was obvious that you put a great deal of pride in your building.

Space and Mechers alike love to see all those elements mixed together and it
was very refreshing to see the set up, drop ships, scout and troop carriers,
battle suits and infantry. Station 45 has alot of life. Plus its cool looking!

LOOK AT ALL THAT GREY! I was thinking about the repeated comments you were
getting. And boy do I know the feeling, after awhile you start to hear them
all. BUT< what I was thinking was....you know how the mini-figs are filling
out of the barracks....well the fact that they are lined up and how they
come streaming out like a curve at the back of the line really has an
impact. Seeing the line of men and looking back at the main door like
"they're still comming out!" has a very subtle and strong effect. Kudos.

It was also very cool to see the other creations you have in your Brickshelf
Gallery. Its fun right! Showing your stuff, being free to show your
indivdual style.

The concepts you have are tripped out. The whole "...to the Gear" concept is
wild. I also like how you write up and describe the ideas behind your MOCs.
Very Cool.

Lastly, I hear you about the vibes you were getting. I don't think it was
aimed at ST45 but moreover it is a stigma we Mechers deal with. Some of the
other groups have mixed feelings about what we do. I often get messages from
people that hang around Lugnet but won't post to .mecha publicly. Like peer
pressure forbids them from giving us a positive nod openly. And yet alot of
people like what we do. Its a funny thiing. Something only a builder in our
shoes can identify with. I guess that's why I make a point of supporting
Lego building in general even if it is different from what I love to do.
Trying to show that's it ok to break the mold as it were.

I'm a Mech builder and I love building Robots. To each his own. See what it
is for what it is "Lego" and at least indentify with that.

Cool, I look foward to your presence as a new builder in this neck of the woods.

yours,

Eric Sophie
LMHoF

www.mylegomaster.com