 Space / 21770
Re: Station 45
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 18:57:35 GMT

Kirby, thanks for checking out the laser tower.  It is one of my favorite
projects, and very few people took the time to give me any feedback on it.
Its part of the same theme as the Cathedral, Station 45, and a few older
projects that are not really good enough to post.  You have a great eye for
detail and theme, I appreciate that.

it looks like every minifig has a uniform to match its duties and rank.  >There is a certain blend of function and form that works really well with >your technique.
-Thanks, I took alot of time and thought to achieve that effect, and its
nice to know that somebody picked up on it.  The only thing that bothers me
about it is that I have some better personal weapon designs now.  Next time.

It seems that not everything is minifig scale on its interior, yet from the >outside, it looks like it "could" be.
-Guilty as charged on this one.  I have almost no patience to do interiors.
It actually is scaled for the minifigs, but the buildings are just shells.
Also, as you have probably noticed, my photography skills are substandard.
Since interior shots are even more challenging, I usually don't bother.  I
go more for the exterior look, and how they relate to other buildings and
the overall theme.

At the base of the tower, or maybe it was one of the "anchors", there is a
non'functioning door with a grey lightsaber handle that looks like it can
actually open until I took a good long look at it.
-Again, I'm busted.  I couldnt make a working door that looked cool, so I
cheated, and made a cool looking door that didn't work.

I really liked the police.  I think I'll use that minifig desgin in a couple
of future projects if you don't mind!
-Go for it!  I use them as a Federal Police Force that is solely responisle
for quelling civil unrest, and protecting "sensitive" areas while the
Spyrius Regulars are off waging war. They have a substation below the laser
tower.

The maintenance crew in action was pretty cool too!
-Thanks, those dug-out areas they work in were inspired by aircraft carrier
maintenance stations.  I thought they added a touch of industrial realisim
to the high-tech, somewhat unlikely laser tower.

I'll be looking forward to your battle scene.
-Thats probably the highest complement you could have given me.  Again, thanks.

-By the way, I took a look at your hover tank, and I really dug it.  I could
imagine troops disgorging from the back, like a super-armored-troop
transport.  Specifically, I liked the main gun array, and what I guess are
intakes on the sides (xwing engines).  Also liked the radar dish on the
front.  Pretty mean looking hovertank!

Cheers,
-Keith