 Space / 21657
Re: Station 45
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 03:24:18 GMT

Awsome, just awsome.

I saw this in somebody's pictures from Brickswest on Brickshelf and I was
wondering who built it.  Now I know.

Great job.

Jason

In lugnet.build.mecha, Keith Goldman writes:
Submitted for your approval, STATION 45, where the Spyrius Nation brings its
war-machine to life.  Watch the living hand of the Gear mobilize for war.
This is the follow up project to my Cathedral of the Gears (where the
Spyrius Regulars recieve the pre-battle blessing of the Gear).  The project
is only slightly modified from its Brickswest debut.  Here is a quick
breakdown of
the action:

www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=35318

"Moonbus" is the Hunter Killer (T1) looking ship that the gun-tractors are
driving into.  It can carry either 2 gun tractors, or 12 Spyrius Regulars
"Big Daddy Mars" is the large 2-pilot mecha with the sith-infiltrator piece
"Mechbus" is the mecha drop-ship that carries 2 of the folded mini-mechs
"Mini Mech" is a small one-pilot mecha (total of 3 in the project)
"Gun Tractors" were based on a design by non-posting Capt. Mike Rutherford
"Warbots" are the minfig-sized infantry-support robots, shamelessly ripped
from a Taro Kuma design.
* aslo present is Snake Plissken.  The man sent him in.
* thanks to Eric, Jeff, and Bryce for the encouragement to post the
sometimes blurry photos

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  (but I don't think it gets any
better than "Holy Shiznaat!"

If you are interested, here is the link to the Cathedral
www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=32243

Cheers!
-Keith