 Space / 21674
Re: Pre CS MOC: The XLL324 "Vant"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 07:11:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris Giddens writes:
Hey,
His is a great MOC.  Has that form from function look, very industrial.
Those engine pods are very cool.  Nice shapes to the doors and that canopy
rocks the way you have it.  (ps, PCS ships have a bit of trans blue in em...
forgot to mention that before... navagation sensors).

Missed that. I'll be sure to put it in the ground vehicle I'm working on now.

As to being part of the PCS theme I see two possibilities:  1) It's a very
late vehicle in the period.  Angled, color added (even though red), and
using more CS engines).

This is what I was thinking. This sort of use for a space vehicle wouldn't
be practicable until mankind was fairly comfortable and established in
space, so that'd put it some time after the end of the LOM era.

OR  2) This is a privateer.  (and I like this idea)
It really looks like a rough and tumble space privateer vessel trying to
make some space bucks delivering packages and cargo in the solar system.

I was thinking of it as the space version of the Bedford van.

Excellent Job!
Welcome to the Pre Classic space service, Merchant Spacemarine Second Class!

Cheers,
Allister