 Space / 21496
Re: MOC APV Sparrow Hawk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:27:28 GMT

gil,
i think this ship is worth spending some time on:

this is my fave pic
http://home.cogeco.ca/~sshaw/Toradoch/Photos/Sparrowhawk/Sparrow%20Hawk%20012.jpg

the angle and ambience is just right, if you could
Photoshop over an ocean or cityscape that would be cool...

ok, so
1) i like the way it lands
2) i like the controlled use of color "zones" (very Mladen)
3) i like the scale.  the pilot looks tiny and the engines
look oversized.  j0n and i talk about this a lot (for ex.
the standard StarTrek mini-shuttle is a room w/ tiny little
engines and it just looks wrong somehow.  look at an F16,
tiny cockpit, BIG body.  your ship looks "right" :-)
4) i love the split tail, very effective
5) i think the way the LOM canopy sculpts up to the top
narrowing all the way, is very aesthetic.  nice use.
6) the tiny side jets are a very important feature.  most
mocs lack these kinds of little details that make sense
i.e. not just another greebly

so, the lesson is, folks,
if you have not much time to kill
and you wanna build something small and tidy
Gil shows how :-)

-p

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Greetings!

In taking a short break from a Pre Classic Space project, this came out as a
little craft I've been wanting to do since Christmas.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~sshaw/Toradoch/xx_Toradoch_def_sparrowhawk.htm

Please let me know what you think and where improvements can be made...it's
a blank slate prototype at the moment.

Cheers,
-Gil