 Space / 20901
Re: Columbia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 02:16:23 GMT

This is a wonderful idea.  It's done.

That feeling of illness came upon me that I had first felt in the 8th grade
on a school trip when Challenger happened.  I had been in Florida for the
very first shuttle launch, planning to see it in person.  The shuttle had
been a part of my life for years...the models, the books.  This trip was
going to be it.  The launch was delayed and we were unable to see it.
Didn't matter tho'...the success of the launch was all that was I really needed.

As the quote goes, 'The answers lie not in the stars, but in ourselves.'

I would offer that the answer lies with us amongst the stars. My thoughts
and deep thanks to our American, Israeli and Indian compatriots...even in
their passing they are the carriers of our dreams.

-Gil

In lugnet.space, Steven Combs writes:
I would encourage everyone to post a symbol of unity and condolences to the family of STS-107 on their web sites.  Let's
show our LUGNET and LEGO community support.  The STS-107 Patch can be found here:

http://www.bricksinmypocket.org/news.html

--
Steven B. Combs, Publisher
Bricks in my Pocket (BimP)

BimP Submission Information:
http://www.bricksinmypocket.org/submissions.html

lugnet member #414
"Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> wrote in message news:H9Mwp2.8Fp@lugnet.com...
I just heard on the news... NASA seems to have lost contact with Columbia
Space Shuttle. The footage shown points out to a faulty re-entry, but  have
no more info at the moment - can someone check further on what is happening?

Pedro