 Space / 20876
Re: Columbia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 17:43:56 GMT

This is BAD.  Already two shuttles have now been destroyed 'in action.'

I wonder what is going to happen next.  I heard something about the Russion
Soyuz spacecraft to be used to ferry stuff to the International Space
Station.  I wonder about the funding NASA is going to recieve... it might
concievably go down with public fear of more accidents a grounded shuttle fleet.

I guess its time to design a new orbiter...

My heart goes out for the family of the crew.

-JHK

In lugnet.space, Pedro Silva writes:
I just heard on the news... NASA seems to have lost contact with Columbia
Space Shuttle. The footage shown points out to a faulty re-entry, but  have
no more info at the moment - can someone check further on what is happening?

Pedro