 Space / 20559
Re: Pre - Classic Space rears it's ugly head again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:10:33 GMT

This pre-classis space stuff is way cool.  I like the washed out coloring.
Though if a NASA-esque group built this, there'd likely be some gold
insulation foil somewhere on the ship to add a splash of color.

I've actually been thinking of building in this theme for about 6 months
now.  Maybe your ships will give me the inspiration to finally move on that
and get something done.

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com

In lugnet.announce.moc, Chris Giddens writes:
Hi all,

The first of the 2003 lineup is the HopLab.

It is a quick hop lander with mobile lab and scanning equipment.

A ship that the Lego Space Command split into two vehicles in the Classic
Space Age. Combining the hoppin' tech of http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6806
and the labbin' tech of http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6901_1

Hope you guys enjoy the new season of Pre-classic space.  (it will be better
publicized than last year :-D )

Chris <><

P.S. For those who don't know, I started building ships last year that
"bridged the gap" between Life On Marz to Classic Space.  Just for fun.  It
yielded a few models:
The LL-X1 (grandpa to big CS ships):

The LL-818 (father to the 918):

The Starfleet Voyager X1 (uncle to the Starfleet Voyager):

The Gamma IV Laser Craft (neighbor to Gamma V Laser Craft):

The Z1-Patrol Craft (total stranger to the X1 Patrol Craft):