 Space / 19944
Re: MOC : Moonbase Module - "Where's The Cheese" Moon Tours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 01:00:38 GMT

In lugnet.space, Duane Hess writes:

I too have a moonbase module in progress (actually, there is no progress.
Evidently there is some sort of blacktailed, jumping fleebnork that makes
it's residence on the property and the environmentalists have called for a
halt in construction). It may actually be torn down before much longer.

Those dern environmentalists. A plague of fleebnorks on them!

One thing that really caught my eye, was the lettering. I really dig how
"tours" is done with the grey accent. The lettering itself looks simple, but
the grey really adds a touch of class.

Thanks. It was a happy conicidence that the lettering fit perfectly into the
width of the building defined by the curved windows.

I also like the tour bus. It's very much like what I can imagine for
futuristic travel. Similar in shape to what we are used too, but with all of
the modifications necessary for the space environment.

I agonised over the bus for days. I was originally intending it to have a
sleek futuristic look, but nothing I tried seemed to work. Then it occured
to me to try a more familiar look, and it all came together fairly quickly.
I wish I'd been able to incorporate the suspension like I wanted to, but it
lifted to body up too high.

Cheers,
Allister