 Space / 19921
MOC : Moonbase Module - "Where's The Cheese" Moon Tours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 00:01:05 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello,

As usual, I get around to building something long after the initial craze
died out (expect a hoverbike from me around June). The recent BUGs meet and
the chance to join it up to other modules gave me the incentive to build a
module.

-------------begin spiel-----------------

And so I present "Where's The Cheese" Moon Tours, owned by a charismatic
former chef who unfortunately refused to be photographed.

What visit to the moon would be complete without the chance to explore
beyond the confines of the moonbase itself - traverse the Sea of
Tranquility, gasp at the scale of Crater Copernicus. All from the comfort of
our luxurious, specially customised coach.

The coach offers economy class travel for 5 passengers, but for that special
experience our first class cabin at the rear offers a more elevated
poisition, larger windows, compimentery binoculars, swivel chairs and a
table for enjoying our included gourmet meal (ecomomy gets dried fleebnork
burgers eaten of your lap - you gets what you pays for)

The tour base itself
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=297658
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=297659)
feature a comfortable observation lounge offering panoramic views of the
Lunar landscape and where our protocol 'droid will entertain you (despite
it's claims to being 'not much of a story teller') with informative
disertations on the early days of Lunar settlement and the many characters
that emerged from it, as well as useful information about what you will see
on the tour.

Tickets are available on the main floor which also has three connection
points to the rest of the moonbase, as well as an airlock and ramp for
boarding the bus. Our friendly staff are always ready to assist.

At ground level is the service bay where Doug 'Wrenches' O' Reilly and his
trusty android assistant 'Frank' ensure the coach is in tip-top condition at
all times.

And how could we forget the eyes and ears, if not the brains of the
operation, Arthur 'Arthur' MacArthur, sitting in his lofty control cabin
maintaining constant contact with our somewhat errant Busmeister.

We trust you have enjoyed this quick tour of our facilities and hope to take
you on a tour of a lifetime soon.

Allister Mclaren
on behalf of "Where's The Cheese" Tours and Mr. Russel-Clarke