 Space / 19345
Re: Space legends, my thoughts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:39:12 GMT

"Dave Lovelace" <dave@umop.com> wrote in message
news:H79vyp.62C@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Lets face some facts:
1.we cant get classic space helmets

Why is a re-mold for this one little part such a big deal, considering how
many new parts are in every single Galidor set?  I know molds are • expensive,
but if all it took was ONE LOUSY MOLD, is it really a melodrama to do so?

I'd love a remold of the classic space helmet, it was used in castle too,
but if it does come down to an issue of quality control (no snide galidor
related comments please) , like the 1x1 windows its a flawed piece, liable
to break (the reason why it was redesigned at least twice to strengthen the
chinstrap), they won't remold it on those grounds. Topped with the fact
Galidor is (or was - it hasn't got to the UK and dosen't look like it will)
a general release line with full advertising backing and Lego Direct is a
small (but significant) arm of the company, Its going to be a lot easier to
get new parts for Galidor than to remake a mold they know is flawed (They
probably still have the mold anyway as LEGO have never thrown a mold away.)

(I still think the 6973 is close to the
greatest space set of all time).

Ah, I see.  Well, this conversation ends early, then.  ;-)

--Dave

P.S.

TLC/LD dont want to offer anything that could be called a
spaceship other than starwars.

Wasn't this part of the Lucasfilm licensing agreement?

--
James Stacey
---------
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado