 Space / 19329
Re: Space legends, my thoughts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:23:50 GMT

Yep, here's my thoughts:
I wouldn't get any of those space sets. Guess I'm just too old. I was lucky
enough to be around 10 years old when the first space stuff was introduced.
The only space classic I'd buy would be 928. I'd also buy it if they didn't
remold the classic helmet.
6973 the best space set ever? That's.............. (speechless). It looks
like those crappy 80's japanese cartoons. Transformers 'n' stuff....

That's my not particularly humble opinion anyway.

Duq

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message
Lets face some facts:
1.we cant get classic space helmets
and 2.TLC/LD isnt going to be dumb enough to do classic space with new • figs
and/or new-type helments (it would look ugly, I tried to put some futuron
figs in my Walking Astro Grappeler and it looked crap :)

Here are a 5 that I think are:
1.possible to bring back as legends
2.sets that would sell well among those who grew up with Legoland space
(where everyone is always smiling, even the bad guys in the cages) and • then
moved on to Lego System Space (I still think the 6973 is close to the
greatest space set of all time).
and 3.sets that arent hugely expensive (so the kids of today have a hope • of
getting them).
The list:
6894 Invader
6932 Stardefender 200
6956 Stellar Recon Voyager
6981 Aerial Intruder
6957 Solar Snooper

Anyone got any comments or thoughts on the list or whatever?

I think that the decision by LD to offer up the Battrax (a wheeled
vechicle) for voting plus other moves recently continues to reinforce the
theory that TLC/LD dont want to offer anything that could be called a
spaceship other than starwars.