 Space / 18568
Re: Fun with Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:42:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone would be interested a little distraction from the norm.

The idea is a game of 'snapshot'.  Essentially, it's a peek into people's
.space current activities, creations and diabolical plans at one particular
moment....a snapshot as to what they are working on when the call goes out.
Often people post teasers, in-progress shots etc.  I always find it
fascinating to see behind the scenes.

<snip>

OK, here we go....

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/dh34154/Snapshot/dvc00097.jpg
This is a small freighter that I am currently working on. I has room for 3
cargo containers (4 x 8) plus living quarters. I have a few hours in it,
mostly just staring at the living quarters thinking "it's just not right".
And then staring some more.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/dh34154/Snapshot/dvc00098.jpg
This is an in-progress moonbase module. I felt a roadblock coming on, so I
turned my attention to the freighter above. I should go back to it since I
think I have everything figured out now. Sometime soon....

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/dh34154/Snapshot/dvc00099.jpg
This is an all but abandoned freighter design. I began this before I started
the moonbase module, got stuck and shoved it aside. I haven't touched it
since. I will probably recycle the parts pretty soon. It's already on the
pile for recycling. I see a McDonald's helecopter, several Harry Potter
sets, 3 or 4 Alpha Team sets and 1 or 2 Shell sets in the mix there. And it
is all sitting on top of the rubble left by my terraformer.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/dh34154/Snapshot/dvc00102.jpg
This started out as a supply and maintenance vehicle for my terraformer.
I've been slowly picking pieces off of it, so I don't think it will ever get
to the "finished" state. The interesting thing about this model are two
motorized winches. One on the front of the vehicle, the other waiting for
the crane to be mounted.

As you can see, my building style isn't very focused. I tend to complete
only about 20% of what I work on. I guess the rest are just design studies :-)

-duane

http://www.geocities.com/dnjhess/lego.html
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=dh34154