 Space / 18567
Re: MOC: WPOD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:48:43 GMT

Welcome!

Excellent debut with this guy...a fine take on the pod walker design.  I
quite like this...at first glance it looks almost cartoonish, but then when
you see the details of the leg articulation and the nifty egress ramp in
becomes apparent that this is a mean walking machine!

Very nice Allister...hope to see more from you.

Cheers,
-Gil

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren writes:
Well good people, it's time I finally come out of the closet and post some
pictures.

I've been lurking around .space for a couple of months now, and I have to
say it's been inspiring. I've been (mostly) waiting until I had some
pictures of some MOCs before post anything or comment on anyone elses
creations. I'm not sure why, but there you go.

I've only recently emerged from a rather lengthy dark age (20 years), and
have spent a while building up a reasonable stockpile, and building as
furiously as time will permit, so forgive me if I'm a little rusty.

Anyway, I've been swallowed up by POD fever, and after someone asked what a
pod with legs would look like, and I finally came upon a pair of dishes, I
built the WPOD (but not before the AT-STP and one other came out). I think
it's different enough to be worth displaying though.

So, please enjoy.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/almac/WPOD/wpod1.jpg thru to wpod5.jpg

after moderation go to

Cheers, and thanks to you, lugnet.space, for being such an inspiration.
Allister

... now, this moonbase thing...