 Space / 18586
Re: Fun with Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:37:38 GMT

"John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:H4CsIu.6Lz@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
You mean there is such a thing as non-Lego stuff? :)

All boffo stuff Paul...I'm especially partial to SSV.  Such a compact • design
and looks better in multiples (read: swarm).

*Cough*  *Cough*
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/shnub/old-space-mocs/msv-02.jpg
*splutter*

-JHK

Thanks John :-)  Yeah, that ship has since had its front section remodelled.
I _will_ post new pictures of that one, when I get the time.
I actually have forty SSV's built (not counting the cargo & espionage
versions). I made a deal with a store to buy out a bunch of their Divers
sets in stock at 75% off (part luck and part initiative, I think). Once I'd
bought 20 of the set 6441, I then designed a fighter that would rely as much
as possible on those parts, two per set. As it turned out, the extra hinge
pieces and wedges were easy to obtain on Bricklink at decent prices. It was
a fun challenge that turned out well. The only problem is building enough
ships to use all forty SSV's!
Originally the MSV-02 was going to carry 40 fighters, but that was just
going to be TOO big and heavy, so I made it carry twenty instead. And it's
_still_ way too big and heavy!

--
Cheers,
Paul