 Space / 18536
Re: Fun with Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:29:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone would be interested a little distraction from the norm.

The idea is a game of 'snapshot'.  Essentially, it's a peek into people's
.space current activities, creations and diabolical plans at one particular
moment....a snapshot as to what they are working on when the call goes out.
Often people post teasers, in-progress shots etc.  I always find it
fascinating to see behind the scenes.

It goes like this:  Anyone can send out a post initiating a 'snaphot'.  All
who would like to join it, take a shot of what you are currently working on.
It doesn't have to be a photo...it can be a scan of a sketch, a partly
rendered (MLCAD, POV, etc.) model or whatever you like.  The only rule is
that you can't add anything to it - it's a shot of the moment.

Of course this is entirely a no-strings, voluntary thing. I can imagine if
someone is on the verge of completion, it wouldn't be very rewarding for
them to trump the real unveiling.  Play at one time and not at others...it's
all for fun!

Does this sound like something people would be interested in, or just
another crackpot AFOL noodle?

Perhaps lemme know.

Cheers,
-G

Top idea, Gil. I think it'd be cool to see a shot of some people's entire
Lego area whilst in the middle of a good build. Also to see parts of designs
that just didn't cut it for the final version. I'm between models at the
moment but call a snapshot in a week or so and I'm sure I'd have some stuff....

Zac