 Space / 18584
Re: Fun with Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 04:47:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone would be interested a little distraction from the norm.

The idea is a game of 'snapshot'.  Essentially, it's a peek into people's
.space current activities, creations and diabolical plans at one particular
moment....a snapshot as to what they are working on when the call goes out.
Often people post teasers, in-progress shots etc.  I always find it
fascinating to see behind the scenes.

Well, my camera access is sporadic, so I can't post anything just yet.  But
if you just wanted an idea of what is going on with Space in my LSF while
I'm not posting, I can tell you the following:

1) Moonbase: My second Moonbase idea has been pushed to the back burner
because I lacked certain elements (in particular 1X2 slopes, which are all
in my current Castle MOCs).  But I just sorted the pieces in the two 4107s I
picked up a couple weeks back, and now I have enough to get started on that
again soon.  I was thinking I would design a lower class housing unit with
small compartments where the dregs of lunar society can find themselves
crammed in with numerous others in a building that in the upper classes
would be small for a family of two.

2) While I was waiting for those slopes, I was inspired to share my ideas
with those gaming in the Spraw Sector, and the discussion has branched out
to give substantial form to what will be the Starship community RPG
universe.  Here's the link just to my pages (no pics yet):

http://www.valyance.com/starship/val_central/

For more info on the game in general, there is a links page you can look
through.

3) I've been designing a number of models in relation to the aforementioned
game.  Some of them will be posted soon, if I want to use them as a player
in other peoples' sectors when the game starts.  Others are actually a
secret (shhh!) including a terraforming-colony-transport-ship and a
cave-full-o'-aliens that I will share only with players who encounter them
(and then after my adventure ends I will post more publically).

Unfortunately, my building time has been cut back slightly recently due to
pressing domestic issues in my life.  I hope to get back into things more by
January.

Cheers,
-Hendo