 Space / 1754
Re: New Blacktron I Creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 01:38:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Tom McDonald wrote in message ...
In lugnet.space, Frank Filz writes:
Well, I got tired of never building any MOCs, and decided that the first
thing to do was to use up all those Blacktron parts I've been acquiring on
eBay. The results may be seen on my new Space Creations web page • (WARNING -
the images are all on one page, about 774k worth, and unfortunately, I
haven't gone in and put size tags in yet so the page will load a little
slowly):

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/space-creations.html

Way to go Frank! The modularity looks good amongst all the modules, • somewhat
of a feat for designing. I've noticed sometimes that when modules are • built, a
rework of a previous module is in order to accomodate some change in the
current module. So hats off to you in making it all work! :)

The modularity took almost no fiddling. The only fiddly bit was when I
realized the whole thing was a little floppy with just two connectors, but
it didn't take any major re-desingn to add the extra connector. Other than
the extra connector, the module interface profile is the same as the
original Invader's (though the modules themselves are two studs longer).

One other sturdiness issue I had was that at first, at one end of the
modules, there was a 2 stud thick (front to back) section which the only
connection to the rest of the module was the 4x10 plate on the bottom. This
was not sufficiently strong, so I had to re-work things to make it stronger
(the main thing I ended up doing was to use 2x10 plates on top of the
inverse slopes (matching the construction of the original module).

One other fiddly thing was that after I was essentially finished, I noticed
that along the bottom, there was too long a string of yellow (the cockpit
has yellow 2x2 bricks with side peg, and the modules have 1x2 (or 1x4)
technic beams, the sides of which are visible). I cured the problem by
putting a black 1x2 inverse slope which somewhat hides the yellow on the
cockpit module.

Frank