 Space / 1745
Re: New Blacktron I Creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 05:04:20 GMT

In lugnet.space, Frank Filz writes:
<snip>
One thing I realize I still need to get more of is more trans-yellow
canopies. I've got a good quantity of plates and bricks, but not enough
canopies. I only had one other 4x6x2 canopies (I do have a bunch of 3x6x1
canopies). I'd also like more trans-yellow window glass.

I think you captured and executed the modularity that was the Strength and
innovation of Blactron 1 ...I love your variations in combining the
modules...wow you could easily integrate these containers, etc into a
fleet.

When I went to see Chris Giddens and his big space ship, I was treated to an
amazing space display. Amongst the display of course were several varieties
of modular ships (TLC obviously likes this, it's too bad Star Wars doesn't
lend itself better to this, they obviously still are thinking somewhat
modular, though the other recent space themes have been mostly un-modular
[at least of the sets I have bought or looked at]). It was obvious to me
that modularity was one of the neat things about many of the space sets.

SNIP

Hey Frank!  Awesome ships!  Super job.  You are a spacey one afterall!  And
Thanks for the tip o' the hat!   The big blue space ship is in pieces now due
to our move, but it will be back crusing the spaceways again.  Miss you guys
in NC!  Here's a secret... I went to the Lego outlet in GA... they had a small
array of service packs (town accessories, and turntables) and about 6 BLACK
THUNDERS!  Just thought ya'll would like to know!

Chris <><