 Space / 16357
Re: The Altakirya and scout ship Aikurwa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:48:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, Rick Hallman writes:
This thing weighs a good 15-20lb, and took me over 36 hours to build. so
enjoy. Inspiration came from the Wild Karrde and a Shoebox. Enjoy.

http://www.ozbricks.com/confed/altakirya/altakirya.htm

PLMKWYT!

<>-------<>
Rick Hallman
Member of MichLUG: http://www.michlug.org/
Confederation of Planets: http://www.ozbricks.com/confed/
AOL Instant Messenger: The bRicktron
<>-------<>
It is a nice space craft, especially the interior.  I had managed to build a
LEGO space craft over twice as big, in terms of length, as your space craft,
though, but due to a lack of parts, I was not able to give it much of an
interior or much space.  The widest space that I could have given it was 12
studs wide, plenty wide enough for a few escape vehicles, but not wide
enough for my liking.

Rick, do you have any way of making a LEGO style instruction manual for my
space craft?  If so, please let me know.  Though with the limited amount of
pieces it came out looking like the person who designed The Partridge Family
bus worked with Jawas to build the space craft, I think that overall, the
design has some merit to it, in my personal opinion.  I will send a message
containing approximate instructions on how to rebuild the vessel...if you
are interested in helping me, otherwise, I will go elsewhere for help.  It
is on the verge of becoming a break out idea in LEGO Space.  Thank you for
helping me.

Jesse Long.