 Space / 16358
16357  |  16359
Subject:
How does this sound to you?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:35:25 GMT

Hello, Mr. Haberberger, Mr. Jassim, and Mr. Pruden.  I know that this idea
might seem odd, perhaps creepy, but I am trying to earn my own way into LEGO
Space.  Perhaps one of you three could help me develop a good looking
capital class vessel?  I do have a nice design in terms of length but my
width is too narrow.  It basically looks like a giant sword, which is why it
is called the Excalibur class.  (If you like the design ideas that I have,
let me know when you arrive.)  The problem is, it looks like a collaboration
of Jawas and the people who made The Partridge Family bus.  I have only
about 15,000 to 20,000 various LEGO pieces, too, and this is a high estimate
of my collection.  I wanted some help in making a design since I am not
exactly rolling in money.  (Please, oh please, let me win that Cool Million
thingy, I only have two caps left and I really need the last "O" and the "M.")

The cool thing about my vessel is that it has a whopping 49 escape vehicles,
43 which are vessels of various sizes, and 6 various sized vehicles.  It
also has a robot work force of 12 in addition to being able to run on a
skeleton crew of about 20 people to accomodating a maximum amount of 67 for
a regular crew, including 3 detainment pods for prisoners, which could also
be retrofitted for escape pods, which could also increase the crew to 70
people, or 67 people and 3 prisoners, or up to 12 prisoners should there be
a slightly larger problem.  I am not sure how large the crew will be at full
capacity since I only have about 45 LEGO minifigures and most of them are on
smaller vehicles.  I can only guess that it could be anywhere from 67 to 84
people, including additional crew members or prisoners.

I also have a problem with the roof since the only 4x10 black LEGO plate I
have is broken on one side and, consequentially, has caused an uneven
settling on top of the vessel and using Space Police II, Blactron II and Ice
Planet 2002 three-sided tall window pieces (which I do not know the
technical name for them right now in my head) and 2x2 LEGO plates, along
with some 2x4 LEGO bricks, have caused the problem to be even worse.  The
design, for the most part, is not a bad design, but rather sloppy since I
have such a small collection.  My brother says that he hates capital vessels
with a vengeance but he can stuff it because I WANT to learn how to build
better space craft.

By the way, has anyone ever heard from Todd Amacher yet?  He has not been on
LUGNET for a while.  I wonder what he is doing now?

I also like the Battle on Hoth scene.  It is a very good one as far as LEGO
Star Wars is concerned but making an AT-AT is very hard, especially the
inside.  The only way I know of the inside of an AT-AT is by playing Super
The Empire Strikes Back many moons earlier on my SNES.  The crew cabin is
eerily accurate, though, despite the lack of official photographs.  I am
sure, however, that like The Phantom Menace book that is in my library that
there is one covering Episodes IV, V, and VI by Dorling-Kindersley.  It may
help in describing the inside of an AT-AT.  I figured that I might throw in
my two cents here, ask for help from some seasoned veterans, and get my own
idea, or at least a collaberation of ideas, into a truly real LEGO model.
If you want to know where I live, I wish I could tell you but I think it is
against the rules so please reply if you are interested.

Jesse Long