 Space / 15504
Re: Universal docking port
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 23:58:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeffrey M. Szklennik writes:
In lugnet.space, William R. Ward writes:
"Jeff Szklennik" <jeffszklennik@usaexpress.net> writes:
note:  this was originally posted in lugnet.loc.au, but i forgot to x-post it
to space, & I wanted feedback.  Apologies if this is overposting.

This is the general idea for my universal docking port...

Very nice concept.  But I fear it may not be practical in real
life. Eight Technic pegs will not pull apart easily, and the SNOT
technique will make it very difficult if not impossible to attach them
securely enough to withstand the force needed to pull the ships apart.

I think that Technic pegs may not be a very good mechanism for a
docking port.  I've got some ideas that are difficult to describe, so
I'll work on them and report back at a later date...

--Bill.

I was trying to show the concept quickly...

P.S.  Thank you very much for replying to my post.  I was anxiously awaiting
any input & figured nobody saw it. I was very pleased with the concept & was
disappointed that nobody (seemed) to notice it.  Thanks again!

jeff