 Space / 1514
Re: Some general discussion things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:21:35 GMT

In lugnet.space Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Wilson writes:
I like the concept of Artic, but not the implimentation.  It could
have been done so much better with non-Jr-ized pieces and sans cheesy

Arctic is good. It is prototypical (except for the ice ball and etc).
It has some great elements:
The parka
The snowshoes
The skis
The large wall sections (I really like them even if some people don't)
The catterpiller tracks

I was freaked-out initially by the mild juniorization of the Artic sets
(it's not really extreme juniorization like the 2000 City Center sets),
but for me, to a large extent, that's made up for by things like the great
elements Jonathan mentions above, and others like the octagonal corridor
corners and the new wall pieces with lab-style windows.  I can't help
thinking _Outland_ (the movie) when I see those Artic window-walls.  :)

I do have to agree a lot of the elements offered are great.  I'd go
for the dark blue windshields, lab windows (perfect on space bases)
and gas tank pieces.  The parkas are awesome too, and could perhaps be
used on a large IP2002 setup (if it was assumed the planet had oxygen,
or if someone was working in a pressurized but really cold area of a
base).  The tank treads are really nice too, and could again be used
in space.  Use of the Mindstorms macaroni pieces as flexible pipe is
another good one which I hadn't thought of before.  I could do without
the large wall sections which are angled or even the 4x5x1's in blue.
If I want 4x5x1's, I would want to see them in white or gray.  They
work wonders when you're building large spaceships.

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne