 Space / 1500
Re: Page 7 of Spring S@H catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 23:41:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom McDonald writes:
In lugnet.space, Todd Lehman writes:
I also seem to remember once seeing or hearing that someone had
a <set:885> which was (c) 1978.

That's not a huge stretch, given the 885's early and simple design[1].
Brickshelf clearly shows that set's instructs at (C)1979, unless TLC for that
year redid all existing copyrights, and made new instructs and set boxes for
all of Space? That's not a huge stretch either, considering the addition of
(only) 4 new Space sets (which was half of the whole theme), they could have
changed anything actually produced and boxed that year cuz there were only 4.

[1] Sorry for the set number only... I never did hear if set 885 had a name.

I can confirm that I actually had one of these sets in my posession in 1978; I
got it in Toronto at a convention my dad was attending.

-Cheese