 Space / 14489
Re: New MOC: Gyroscopic Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 19:48:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
It took me ages to work out the small and simple ring in my Sol
clipper....if the time from concept to completion was only 7 hours, I salute
you....incredible stuff.

Well, I guess I build faster than some people, but it doesn't feel that fast to
me :)

It took me a minute to realize that the centre unit travelled the inner
circumference of the ring.  Wild design concept.

Thanks!  I'm glad I got that feature to work...makes the ship much more
interesting.  I usually try to add some kind of moving feature to my designs.

My only suggestion is the centre cockpit.  I know that a thin profile fits
the 'thread the needle' look of the overall design, but it forces the pilot
to lie down in the seat.  Perhaps if the canopy was made an opaque peice and
the pilot is intended to lie flat on his back and have all surface controls
on the 'roof'?  Just an idea...

Perhaps...I'm not a fan of opaque canopies for some reason though.

Amazing job.

Thanks,
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht