 Space / 14483
Re: New MOC: Gyroscopic Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 17:33:27 GMT

"Gil Shaw" <NIXtoradochSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GwrtqE.qM@lugnet.com...
Bram,

It took me ages to work out the small and simple ring in my Sol
clipper....if the time from concept to completion was only 7 hours, I • salute
you....incredible stuff.

It took me a minute to realize that the centre unit travelled the inner
circumference of the ring.  Wild design concept.

My only suggestion is the centre cockpit.  I know that a thin profile fits
the 'thread the needle' look of the overall design, but it forces the • pilot
to lie down in the seat.  Perhaps if the canopy was made an opaque peice • and
the pilot is intended to lie flat on his back and have all surface • controls
on the 'roof'?  Just an idea...

Everytime I see a Vulcan cruiser on 'Enterprise' I want to try a bigger
version of a ringed vessel.  Some day..some day....

Amazing job.

Cheers,
-G

I was thinking the same.  I had to look at it more closely and when I saw
those wheels in there, I realized the entire ring rotates about the pod in
the middle.  An incredible an original design!  And yes, I've been wanting
to build a Vulcan cruiser too.  Maybe when I get a lot more bricks, I'll try
building the Sharan.

        -- Tom