 Space / 14477
Re: New MOC: Gyroscopic Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 13:06:14 GMT

Bram,

It took me ages to work out the small and simple ring in my Sol
clipper....if the time from concept to completion was only 7 hours, I salute
you....incredible stuff.

It took me a minute to realize that the centre unit travelled the inner
circumference of the ring.  Wild design concept.

My only suggestion is the centre cockpit.  I know that a thin profile fits
the 'thread the needle' look of the overall design, but it forces the pilot
to lie down in the seat.  Perhaps if the canopy was made an opaque peice and
the pilot is intended to lie flat on his back and have all surface controls
on the 'roof'?  Just an idea...

Everytime I see a Vulcan cruiser on 'Enterprise' I want to try a bigger
version of a ringed vessel.  Some day..some day....

Amazing job.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.announce.moc, Bram Lambrecht writes:
When I was discussing the Alphabet Project with Jon Palmer a few months back,
this is what popped into my mind for an O-Wing.
Anyway, this took about 6-7 hours to build on Saturday.  The ring required a
few revisions in order to increase strength and stiffness, and the
spring-loaded mount for the cockpit also took a while to work out.  I think it
turned out pretty good though...close to what I imagined, and it works fairly
well too.
A couple wallpapers are available here:
And the fighter is here:
http://lego.bldesign.org/?v=new
(Or you can click on Space and get to it that way)
Please LMKWYT!  Comments, criticisms, questions, suggestions, flames welcome.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
www.bldesign.org