 Space / 14166
Re: Space dark ages have come ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 16:36:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, William R. Ward writes:

I have been feeling zero interest in space lately, and when I took
apart a model the other day to get some of its bricks, I wasn't really
noticing that it was the only remaining space MOC I had built!

I seem to be devoting myself to trains and town these days, and I
think I may even stop reading the space group for a while.

But don't fear, I'll return sooner or later...

--Bill.

NOOOOOOOOoooooooo...... don't leave!  Space is the best! :-D  Actually, do
what feeds your creativity and you'll always be drawn to space.

Now I'm wondering, I've seen 2 or 3 posts like this... could it be the lack
of attention to space from TLC that's causing this?  Exciting things in
train and castle and town are being created and/or redone.  But no shot in
the arm for space.  Yes yes, there is Star Wars bla blah blaah, but that
classic LEGO version of space.  You know, the one thrilled us as kids and
inspired us to imagine great adventure.  Remember the excitement of seeing
the wheels on your first Mobile Rocket Transport glide over crater plates,
or the thrill of zooming your Starfleet Voyager around the room to land on
the strange planet (your bed)?

*sigh*... I still love those days.  Would that TLC remember how happy it
made us kids and would still today.

Chris <><