 Space / 13878
Re: BT1 Fever (was Re: WTB/WTTF: Blacktron 1)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:06:53 GMT

In lugnet.space, Richard Marchetti writes:

I think this is one of those Europe v U.S. things, and Blacktron fell into
the middle with this, even if Renegade was supposedly a U.S. only set.  I
think the way it works is that you got regular solid yellow hoses with black
ends (a single piece really) if you were in the U.S., but you got the older
styled trans-yellow hoses if you were in Europe.

Ah, I see.  Thanks.

I could confirm this if I were home right now, which I am not -- I have an
MISB MIB in the closet and while I might have scaveneged some bits from it,
I bet the hoses are in there.  Aaargh!!! Perhaps others, actively purchasing
from retail outlets at the time of Blacktron I's original release years
could comment with more certainty.

A MISB MIB?  Thats pretty cool to hear exist today-but I can't help but feel
that that's kinda a waste.  I can't keep MISB sets...one time I kept a set
MISB, and I had to put it in a hard to get and obscure place, and only after
weeks of intense meditation did I forget its location.  If these steps arn't
taken, I am liable to spontaniously begin running through the house at
cat-like speeds until I am upon the sealed set, upon which I rip it open it
a beserker rage.  Hmmm...I think this could quite go hand in hand with the
way you dislike the Legends.  You are right about one thing, though (for
sure that we can all agree on).  If Lego would simply produce quality sets
the way that they used to, we wouldn't need reissues.

I would certainly prefer it to Legends...something is missing with Legends.
That is, the rest of the theme.  I like collecting specific themes (oy, you
should have seen me with Aquazone) and I think the only ones I'll have the
option to collect in a good while are Harry Potter etc.(aheh, I'm not doing
that). These days I actally miss 1998.  At least then town lego existed.
I'd have a heart attack if a few Blacktron sets made it to TRU Wild
West/Pirate style.

Heres a question...were any trans hoses ever made other than yellow?

While I am not 100% positive about this answer -- I think the answer is no.

Yes, you are probably right.

--Josh