 Space / 13522
  Fancy Docking Idea

I have been reading some universal docking ideas of Jon Palmers when I came up with something. I'm probably not going to post here again though, lol, unless someone has a resonse, but here goes: Why doesn't someone make a cool docking thing that (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Fancy Docking Idea

(...) heya, that is an idea I have been playing around with myself. There are some really good reasons to have an airlock be flexible and extendable. One is unexpected movement; if you have two ships attached to each other through a small locking (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Fancy Docking Idea

Hello, I've had an idea for something that might be an option for an umbilicus between ships of a capital or large subcapital size. Many of larger vessels often have independent support ships, such as the current US carrier groups. Whether they be (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Fancy Docking Idea

Hi. My airlocks that I created don't have doors yet. I'm trying to build them. My ideas are original LEGO models but slightly edited. Ok, take, ummm, the small set with Luke Skywalker, a Stormtrooper, and that gray guy. Buy two of them. Now, get the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Fancy Docking Idea

I like Gil's idea of an umbilicus ship and can see such a ship in action. I am still working on the original challenge of making something flexible. I agree with Dan that the door in the Final Duel I set looks pretty cool andd two can be connected, (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Fancy Docking Idea

(...) actually, this is a cool idea IMHO... I have small droids that caretake the hull and stuff, not as small as Jon's droids, my ships only have about 4 to 8 of these, they could be run from this lamprey class ship too. I can totally see this (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Fancy Docking Idea

(...) I remember reading about a universal docking mount a few months back with some great ideas on configuration and purpose. I was wondering if it ever developed into anything. I think it was at that point I started to think about the conjoining (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)