 Space / 13522
13521  |  13523
Subject:
Fancy Docking Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 02:23:51 GMT

I have been reading some universal docking ideas of Jon Palmers when I came
up with something.  I'm probably not going to post here again though, lol,
unless someone has a resonse, but here goes:  Why doesn't someone make a
cool docking thing that makes it so the two ships don't have to be touching?
You can make something slide out on the new pieces they have now-a-days.
Wouldn't it be cool to have something like a little tube that could pull out
and be accessable via hinges that would connect with one another?  I think
that would be awesome to see: two ships with this little pull out thing, and
when they're done with whatever they are doing, whether it be having
ambassadors meet on a big ship, or just old captain buddy's seeing each
other, could both detach and go back in?  Two different types though, the
airlock on one side on the outer part folds up when docked and the other
side fold down for easy access.
That would just be awesome to seem some people pull that off!
~Evan