 Space / 13556
Re: Fancy Docking Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:25:12 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Kuester writes:
actually, this is a cool idea IMHO... I have small droids that caretake the
hull and stuff, not as small as Jon's droids, my ships only have about 4 to
8 of these, they could be run from this lamprey class ship too.  I can
totally see this happening.  There was some discussion a while back about a
universal docking device, this ship would be the perfect place to monut it.
hhmmmm....

I remember reading about a universal docking mount a few months back with
some great ideas on configuration and purpose.  I was wondering if it ever
developed into anything.  I think it was at that point I started to think
about the conjoining ship.  Lamprey class?  With an cool classification
moniker like that, I'll have to give it a try!!

BTW Joel, the pop-out airlock looks awesome...I wish I could work such
mechanics of motion into my MOCs...

what's stopping you?  :)  just steal my designs!  Most of the builders in
.space use each other's design concepts all the time.  Although, of course
it is nice to give credit if you take something off someone's ship for your own.

Will do!  Look for your bi-line! Thanks!

Cheers,
-G

PS. Any images of your maitenence droids kicking around on Brickshelf?  Love
to see'em.  I am essentially mech-impaired and am always looking for new
inspirational resources...