 Space / 1294
Re: bridge designs for big space MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 01:15:10 GMT

Paul Davidson wrote in message ...

I was just curious as to what other design philosophies others use in • design
bridges (or maybe you don't even have a bridge!).

My latest creation (soon to be finished) is an exploration craft which
doesn't really have a single bridge as such. It was originally going to have
a single bridge (using the big trans dome pieces - a few people seem to have
had this idea independently!), but for design reasons the domed area took on
another function.
The ship has an one-man observation bridge w/console (sort of like a crow's
nest I guess, the idea came from "Dark Star"), but there is a main interior
room with larger consoles for normal ship operations. I ended up dotting
consoles around everywhere so the crew could monitor stuff from everywhere
around the ship, frankly it's not a problem anyway because they're
Exploriens figs and all have mikes on their heads! (Thanks again TLC!) ;-)
Yeah, if you've seen the control room and crow's nest in the Dark Star,
generally that's the idea with my exploration ship.

Must finish ship. Must update web page. Must find time.... *mumble mumble*

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164