 Space / 1257
Re: bridge designs for big space MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 22:43:30 GMT

Duane Hess wrote:

In lugnet.space, Paul Davidson writes:
I was just curious as to what other design philosophies others use in design
bridges (or maybe you don't even have a bridge!).

I have two designs which I use. The first is a two-person cockpit using the
trans-orange 6 high convex windows. The base is roughly 8 x 10 studs. The
control panels are set at a 45 degree slant using tilt bearing hinges, a 2 x 10
plate and lots of computer tiles. I have a DAT file showing this that I'll have
to post once I get it inlined or MPD'd - it's on my slush list somewhere. For
now, all I have is a screen capture.

http://www.geocities.com/dnjhess/MOC/cockpit.jpg

That's a smaller version of what I built with a ton of the trans-fluoro-green
corridor sections.  However, I only have a few b&w pictures:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/marathon.html (see the forequarters and looming).

Marathon's bridge had a seat on a platform in the centre, a 4x4 viewscreen held out
at the centre front, and four two- and three-computer consoles arranged at the four
corners of the square bridge, all facing forward.  It looked pretty good, really.

best

Lindsay