 Space / 1287
Re: bridge designs for big space MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 22:45:11 GMT

I believe that LEGO spaceships _never_ have enough terminals in them. I have a
MOC stuntfighter (sort of based on the [really, really old] 6861 X-1 Patrol
Craft) which uses both an old-style monitor brick and a control brick, as well
as a pair of control sticks (what's a nimble fighter without a flightstick? A
shuttlecraft.) Of course, the control sticks were a 'modern' addition, as we
didn't have such things in the olden days.

-Cheese

In lugnet.space, Paul Davidson writes:
I was wondering how some of the minifig spaceship creators here like
designing their ship bridges.  Most Lego ships only have small one-man
cockpits, with a little computer console or some levers.  My own ship under
construction, the Nautilus (http://theforce.net/tinman/nautilus), has a
large Star Trek-style bridge with a viewscreen, captain's chair in the
middle, and twelve other chairs and computer stations surrounding him.

I was just curious as to what other design philosophies others use in design
bridges (or maybe you don't even have a bridge!).

--

Paul Davidson