 Space / 12253
Re: Instructions for Mobile Message Decoder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 06:27:18 GMT

Tony Hafner <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message

I'm not using step numbers because it's too much work.  Adding the numbers
consistently in the right place is tedious, and I don't want to use • MLCAD's
built-in numbers for a few different reasons- primarily because they are
really ugly.

You could make your own nice numbers (photoshop, whatever...) and then put
them in the html instead of hand pasting them over each of your instruction
pictures.  Maybe use transparent gif's so they'll go over whatever
background your webpage is using (like, oh, say...  that classic space sand
color I mentioned earlier!  ;)   Maybe you could scan the numbers in off of
an old set of instructions.  Okay, now the classic space fan in me is really
starting to show.

Anyway, you could re-use them for any other projects you make, and changing
the order is as simple as editing the html.  But like I said, step numbers
aren't necessary anyway.  ;)  I think it's cool that you're going through
the trouble of making instructions in the first place.  The .dat file is all
anyone ever gets out of me.

                ~ Tom