 Space / 12244
Re: Instructions for Mobile Message Decoder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:26:12 GMT

"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> writes:
I'm confused about the "darker background" comment though.  At least one
other person mentioned this.  I can certainly understand that another color
(better still, a background image) would make it look nicer, but this isn't
like photography where glare in one area causes the whole image to wash out.
Note that I'm not arguing with you... I guess I just don't get it.

It's not as bad as in photography, but the human eye has its
limitations too - they just aren't as limiting as those of film.

Also, I think that in terms of navigation, it's a good idea to number
the steps rather than use arrows.  It's not clear whether the first
page shows 6 steps or 3, for example.

Does anyone have any ideas how to easily do this?  Ideally, I could get a
batch-style program that would splice in number images to specified
coordinates in an image.  Of course, that adds more steps anyway...

Make them several images and use HTML to lay them out?  Shouldn't be
too hard to come up with 10 images (one per digit) and insert them
into the HTML so they appear to be part of the "big picture"...

Yes, if I end up doing separate versions for print and browsing then I'll
definitely have clearer links for the browsing versions.

If you're concerned about using the same files for both print and
browsing, then how about adding a frameset that handles the navigation
for browsing?  I know frames are generally evil, but if that is your
priority, I think it'd be justified here.

--Bill.