 Space / 11743
Re: Bricks = Blocky? Nah... (Was Three Galactic Alliance Carriers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 05:00:47 GMT

With you on that!

I like to think that my work with the Carriers has left them a bit less boxy
than... well... *boxes*. They lack the curves of a ship like Myase, but I
try to keep them slim and trim all the same. Curving the front and back ends
help imensely when trying to do that, I find, so even without slopes, boxes
aren't required. Well, I tend to like building them as construction bases
for their stability, but other than that...

I've tried my hand at SNOT before, with... how do I say this... they
COLLAPSED :P ! *sigh* I suppose I'm too much a traditionalist!

Can't think outside the box ;)

All groan now.

Kenneth Tam
GA 826 Squadron
http://www.members.home.com/ga826squadron/Main.html

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler writes:
In lugnet.space, Steve Runnels writes:
I've started working on a capship, or 2 ;), and I don't have anywhere near
as many slopes and plates as a lot of ppl here. And I only have 3 blue tubs,
yet what I'm working on will be FAR from boxy and consist mainly of bricks. :P

I guess I'll just have to show you what I mean once I have some pics.

I try my damnest to not let my lack of pieces hinder my creativity, in fact,
I find it actually SPAWNS creativity. :D

Werd. You can definatly make something not look boxy without using a ton of
slopes. It's called SNOT ;-P. I have found that large plates work well for
large ships. They make it lighter too!

<plug> Check out my ship: http://myase.hvl.cjb.net </plug>

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net (who only has 2 blue tubs, and one is still almost full!)