 Space / 11739
Re: Now Presenting... Three Galactic Alliance Carriers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:51:50 GMT

   I like right angles too. =)
   However, other people just don't seem to appreciate right angles
anymore, what with all their fancy schmansy slopes and curved bricks! =)
The truth is that I'm too broke to buy slopes, so I just buy a lot of
basic bricks, baseplates, and plates, and try to cobble together
something that doesn't totally look like a box. A lot of times I use the
same building style as you and pile boxes on boxes to break up the box
look, then I add weapons and sensors and stuff right in front of the
smaller box to make it look better (eg. Royak Oak destroyer, Hidoshi
class frigate.)
  Well, my ships are designed for minifigs, but I prefer to jam pack
them with systems since I can't detail interiors...
   This is totally off topic, but my camera has disappeared! I guess
I'll have to clean up my room if I want to take any more pictures.. I
was planning on dismantling a brand new troopship that I completed
yesterday to build a nifty 100 stud long or so escort carrier, but I
can't rip the troop ship apart until I take pictures!!! =(
   Anyhow Kenneth, what kind of camera/scanner do you use? Your pictures
look like mine. =) I have an EXCELLENT 35MM camera, but my computer is
having difficulty opening anything at a scanner resoultion higher than
300DPI. 300DPI really really really sucks. My camera takes photos that
look pretty close to digital quality, but my scanner makes the pictures
look like they were taken by some 1990ish 110 camera. Bah!
   -Jordan
--
Discover the might of the Solarian Empire, citizen!
http://www.geocities.com/stuttgartergunther/index.html