 Space / 10364
Re: Re: Hi.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 03:20:49 GMT

Step 1, look at http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/ to see if ane has popped up
lately. Lugs are becoming more common and there's definitely room for more (San
Diego, are you listening?).

Step 2, try http://news.lugnet.com/loc/us/ and http://news.lugnet.com/people and
see if anyone in your area has posted lately. If not, you might have to make the
first move.

Step 3, try http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/bycountry.cgi to see if any
Lugnet members are in your area.

Why are there so many LTCs out there? because many people like trains. It helps
to find common interests to build around. Los Angeles seems to be the place for
Mecha builders. I don't know why this is, but there seems to be more of us in
L.A than in other parts of the country. Other Lugs seem to base their get-
togethers around castle, space, or the occasional Brick Wars game. Trading,
buying and selling of parts and sets seems to be popular as part of a meeting as
well. I've heard of Lugs that have dues and a set schedule, and some of them
even have websites (LUGOLA doesn't have one...yet). What it comes down to is
trying to get the group together and moving heaven and earth to do it. If you
are willing to do this, others will show. Remember, LUGOLA's first meeting
consited of a space station builder, a sculptor, and me. Nine hours later, we
called it quits. Three guys in an apartment with nothing in common except our
love of the brick (and our rugged good looks, but that's another story).

Well, there's your starting point. I have other tips too, but those regard the
actual get together. Don't get discouraged if you don't spot anyone else
immediately, just keep looking. After all, you can't possible be the only one in
your area with the love of the brick (you're not in Barrow, Alaska are you?) ;-
).

As Nike says...'Just Do It'

-Dave Johann
LUGNET Member #524