 Space / 10282
Re: I would have been creating models now but the computer is acting weird.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 15:45:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic writes:
In lugnet.space, Geordan Hankinson writes:
snip,

Geordan's correct. One does not need a huge collection to build good models. • Be
creative, solve problems using different methods. That's how you build • models,
not by amassing huge quantities of pieces. ;-)

Well if you're looking to build something like dan's Gibraltar, then you
have to have a fair amount of pieces (alot more than I have!) But if you're
building things that aren't too big but too terribly small, there's the
challenge. Coming up with ingenous ways to compensate for what you don't have.
Sometimes just for fun I grab a few random pieces without looking from my
collection (say ten maybe) and I try to build something out of the pieces I
grabbed. This helps me learn new ways to use the pieces in my *real*
creations because when you have a superlimited collection, you are
constantly learning new ways to use pieces because maybe you don't have a
part that goes with that piece traditionally so you have to find a way to
incorporate or attach that piece without doing it the traditional way. This
has definitely worked for me and taught me tons of new ways to use parts.

But even the Gibraltar (built by the awesome Dan Jassim) was built with
part-saving methods. Dan even said it himself, that's why he used so many of
those mountain BURPs, or whatever they're called. I'm sure Dan can tell you
more ways he conserved pieces.

My collection: http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=28223

So Mladen, what are you not telling us here? What humongous 5 foot tall
tower didn't make it into the photo by *accident* eh? What four or five
mechs are sitting on your bed beside it eh? How much is under your bed? What
is sitting *on* the dresser?

Actually, the time that picture was taken, was right after I built both the MSP
and MAP. So yes, some mecha were hiding from the pic! ;-)

Just kiddin'!

BTW, did you get my e-mail about hosting prices? I really need the info soon.

Sorry, must have accidently deleted it (I get tons of spam). Please do sent it
again. ;-)

Thanks,

-Geordan-

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/index.htm

Well, Mladen and others who are concerned, I can not go to Shiloh tomorrow
because my sister needs the Nissan Sentra for her to take a drug test at her
new job at Aqua Glass (at least I hope she WAS hired by Aqua Glass) so I can
not download the pictures and I will be very fortunate if I am even allowed
to go to Wal-Mart with some money to develop some pictures for scanning on
that computer in Shiloh, let alone if my grandmother is actually at her house.

I am currently seeking the lyrics of some old Boston songs so I will not be
back here for a few hours.

Jesse Long

snippy