 Space / 10258
Re: I would have been creating models now but the computer is acting weird.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 18:11:36 GMT

First of all, I can't say that my collection is very big, but yet I still
manage to build some pretty neat stuff IMHO. Look at Mladen now for
instance, his collection isn't very big either and he has stated that
before, but he is IMO one of the best space/mecha builders on LUGNET! My
friend who does not use LUGNET, has a collection that comprises of one small
rubbermade container, but his creations are really cool nonetheless. You
just have to make do with what you have instead of grumbling about what you
don't. Now go get building Jesse!

If you really don't want to build with what you have and mlcad and ldraw are
screwing up, then try this program...http://www.leocad.org/

It's not as good as mlcad, but it works, it's easy to download, and even
easier to use. There's even a tutorial on the site. A possible reason that
you're computer may not be working may be because you have ran out of
diskspace. If this is the case, I want you to open up Windows explorer,
delete some useless files and downlaod a CAD program. If you were really
intent on showing us some of your work, you would have done this already, if
you need more technical help, e-mail me and I'll walk you through how to fix
the problems. If you're having difficulty in any way, I want you to e-mail
me or post to LUGNET and ask for help...There is no hiding now Jesse! So
either get building or start downloading... This post gives you no room for
lamo excuses! I'm willing to help you in anyway I can to get pictures of
your creations online! Now let's see some of your work!

-Geordan-

In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
I know that some people, namely Trevor, have been awaiting some models of my
space craft and LEGO Space themed vehicles.  I am sorry, Trevor, but unless
some person in Lugnet Space can help me not only use this program known as
LDraw and to help me understand why my computer will not download some
programs such as MLCad, I can probably never build any models on Lugnet.  I
really want to build good space craft but unless I find a person with a much
larger collection of LEGO pieces or have the LDraw and other related
programs work on my computer and for me to learn how to use these programs,
that will never happen on Lugnet Space.  This problem is beyond my control
and I am sorry, Lugnet.

Jesse Long