 Space / 10133
  EireTech Selkie

I saw Final Fantasy on saturday and was inspired to build a new ship. I used my Eiretech personal transport for the front. This craft services the company's growing asteroid mining division. The craft's interior space can be used for personnel (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: EireTech Selkie

Jon, Jon, Jon !!! You must have read my mind. I saw Final Fantasy also and was inspired but did not have time to put it all together. I am also trying to come up with a way to do the marines... helmet is really hard to emulate but I am hoping to (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: EireTech Selkie

WOW! You've captured the look of the marine transporter perfectly. I love all the designs from FF, especially Zeus. I was drooling every time it was shown... Back to your model, the ramp is really cool. Also, are you planning on putting any landing (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: EireTech Selkie

"david rabadan" <drabadan@aol.com> wrote in message news:GGxE7r.Dqz@lugnet.com... (...) Glad to hear you like it! I would love to see your idea for the knife on the shoulder! On a minifig? Cool. -Jon (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: EireTech Selkie

(...) all (...) shown... Thanks! I was really wowed by the vehicle designs. I went into the movie without any knowledge of the ships or tech or anything. Some very cool stuff. Didn't you love that gel that the marines and Quad vehicle landed in? And (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: EireTech Selkie

Jon, I wanted to jump in real quick and tell you: Man you make some cool stuff! RIGHT ON JON! Shweeet! Eric (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: EireTech Selkie

As the first MOC I have looked at in about a month, I must say that is awesome. -Mike Petrucelli aka Lord Insanity (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: EireTech Selkie

(...) stuff! (...) Thanks Eric-- you're not so bad your self! : ) I'm always afraid someones gonna say, "Oh look another grey and brown ship." I just can't get enough of these colors! -Jon (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: EireTech Selkie

The landing gear of the troop transport is akin to that of the Harrier jump jet. A pair of wheels extends near the nose and at the tail along the center line. Each nacelle has a wheel at the tip that is exposed to provide balance for the craft. Toys (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: EireTech Selkie

(...) I haven't seen any evidence of a nose gear. (...) It looks nice in the package, but it's made of that soft rubbery plastic that's kind of warped, so you end up with misshapen wings and such. (I bought one today) (...) Pretty darn cool. :^) (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: EireTech Selkie

I said -near- the nose. Maybe it's set behind the cockpit. I've seen the movie twice so I'm reasonably sure about this. However, I could be wrong. Here's a side shot of the transport: (URL) looks like there is space for a landing strut at the front. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: EireTech Selkie

(...) wonder if i is playing at 1 a.m.? Hmmm.... I esspeccially like the wingy thingies on the sides. The way you use those colors is mindblowing. You have a knack for using colors rarely seen that way. Keep 'em comin'! (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: EireTech Selkie

(...) "Oh look, another grey and brown ship!" just kidding, the ship I'm working on right now is in the exact same colour scheme as well, so who am I to talk! Very good work on your ship though. I really like the movable wings and the ramp. I didn't (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)