 Space / 10152
Re: EireTech Selkie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 01:03:56 GMT

The landing gear of the troop transport is akin to that of the Harrier
jump jet.  A pair of wheels extends near the nose and at the tail along
the center line.  Each nacelle has a wheel at the tip that is exposed to
provide balance for the craft.

Toys R' Us has the transport for sale.  I haven't bought it, but it
looked pretty good.

Oh, I like your transport.  After seeing the movie, I wasn't too
surprised to see it pop up as a MOC.

Travis Dickinson

Jon Palmer wrote:

(cut)

Back to your model, the ramp is really cool. Also, are you planning on • putting
any landing gear wheels on the two nacelles?

Glad you liked the ramp. It was going to have a ladder but by that time I
had run out of pieces.  So I went with steps instead.  I still wish I had
som rail pieces with me to put on the sides of it though.

Well I honestly don't really remember exactly how the tips of the nacelles
looked.  I do remember that it landed on them though. My ship's nacelles are
strong but not that strong.  It rests on its "fluke" and on the small
retractable landing skid up front. The nacelles then just barely touch the
ground.  I could probably modify them slightly to look like they are
providing support using the pieces I have left.  Could be cool! Maybe
someone could find a pic with a close up of the nacelles.

BTW did you use this page for reference?

http://www.finalfantasy.com/movie/vehicle/transporter.htm

Yup. Good stuff.

-Jon