 Space / *21477 (-20)
  2003 part selection

Space. Just taking a browse thru some of the shots from the Toy Fair as posted on FBTB. I find myself becoming more of a part monkey these days and do there ever seem to be a lot of interesting things up this summer. Without question the SW line (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC APV Sparrow Hawk

Thank you sir...I like this cockpit as an open one as well. It's like it has 'hover' written all over it - an bug guts slapped on there at 400kph :) I think the variant will likely have some sort of doors to it, but also likely another canopy. I (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC APV Sparrow Hawk

Many thanks Tony....it was fun to build. I'd seen the LoM canopies used inverted in a few other models and wanted to give it a whurl. The only downside is what you found...there is a lot of space above and behind the pilot. Not quite enough for (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lego Space FONT... ships and figs

(...) Ya, after I installed it it seems rather clunky... wonder if there are more in the series. Mmm.. space. Chris <>< (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lego Space FONT... ships and figs

Hey that's fun! I tried them out...looks good except the character boundaries are huge...3 inches above the top of the 'letter'. Very neat. I think it's a company out of Montreal, Canada....in many ways Canada's digital image hub. Kudos for the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Lego Space FONT... ships and figs

Hey all, I was cruising for fonts... and came across this... DANG COOL. (URL) at the Lego ships in that font. (I hope it is still there when you go) Anyone seen this or know the author? Chris <>< *downloading now* (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Brickshelf: Micro-fig Capital Ships

Micro-fig ships that appear to be at about the 100 stud length. Not to mention some very interesting designs... (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC APV Sparrow Hawk

I love that shape. The open cockpit is cool. I can't think of much you could do to improve it. Maybe you could raise the walls to the sides of the pilot a little bit. I'd hate to fall out of that at 400 kph. But then again, maybe it wouldn't look as (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blade Runner Police Spinner

(...) Well, I am 13 and parental control is an issue. :) (...) Sounds interesting... -JHK (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blade Runner Police Spinner

(...) ah, Thank you for that. might have to hunt around, still waiting on most of the 2003 sets to hit stores in Oz (well, my corner of Oz anyway) so it looks as if my Lego budget will be massively streched for a few months Trav (-|-) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Fred Herrmann's Space City

Look at that microfig classic space ship! (URL) that is cool! Jaco "Bruce Hietbrink" <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> schreef in bericht news:HAJ5qD.82C@lugnet.com... (...) from (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

"Jon Palmer" <jon@zemi.net> wrote in message news:HABBIM.81H@lugnet.com... (...) The William Randolph Hearst Method: Take it apart piece by piece and put it back together where you want it. The Relativity Method: Leave the planet where it is. Move (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Shark Teaser Pic

(...) Just when you thought it was safe to go back into building something cool--BAM!--Paul ups the ante. Jeff (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC APV Sparrow Hawk

I really like this craft. The cockpit is ingenious, not many open cockpits. The only thing I would say about it is you can make it have one or two passenger seats in that big area behind the pilot. The tail is cool an and the vtol thrusers seem to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Some more Sea Monkey sightings, and some other items...

(...) Thanks! How about instructions? Then you can make one in whatever color you want (...) Well, I want the beast to have more...flesh. I went way overboard on the Beasat...whatI riginally inteded was a sea horse type creature that would have been (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.space)

  Re: Shark Teaser Pic

(...) Dude... why do this to us??? MO MO MORE!! Seriously, great lookin' excellent smooth hull with greebly underneath. keep em comin'! Chris <>< (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blade Runner Police Spinner

(...) fiction fans. Be forewared... it's very dark. Much more subdued and introspective than most other stories in this genre. It's everything that Attack of the Clones isn't. :) Not a film for kids or anyone who isn't ready to do some thinking (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  MOC APV Sparrow Hawk

Greetings! In taking a short break from a Pre Classic Space project, this came out as a little craft I've been wanting to do since Christmas. (URL) let me know what you think and where improvements can be made...it's a blank slate prototype at the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blade Runner Police Spinner

(...) It's a great start -- a nice minimalist interpretation. I really like the shape you created for the cockpit. I didn't realize the new curved pieces would blend that well with the oddball LoM windshields. (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blade Runner Police Spinner

"John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HAJ917.GyJ@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) sides. Thanks! Yeah that's from the T-wing. You should see it in a bit. (...) stuff. (...) I was also considering making this in sand blue, because (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact