 Space / *21312 (-20)
  Re: Lunacraft: A Moonbased Spaceship

(...) Heh heh - it's the moonbase equivalent of a trailer home! I can just picture a german shepherd wearing a space helmet and sleeping under the corridor attachment. Cool. Jeff J (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Pre Classic Jump Lander & an experiment....

Very cool stuff, Gil! The overall shape is, as always, unique, and I like the use of that new ball joint as a thruster. And the PCS feel is captured well. Critisisms? Well, I like everything except the landing gear. IMHO its a bit too spindly, and (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Electronic Mod: 10026 UCS Naboo Fighter with Flickering Engine Lights

(...) Very cool effect! What's with the recent flood of electrified SW MOCs? Jeff J (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) I agree. I've had some very useful 'honest' feedback that gave me a lot of great ideas. But I've also seen some responses in which the critical remarks are often like this: 'Sorry, I just don't like it.' This is very unuseful, since the person (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Splaf! a Pre Classic Space add on.... POD!

(...) This is such great stuff... It's hard to explain what is so appealing about it. I think it's your mix of parts, and how well some of the weird stuff is incorporated in structure and colour scheme. For example, the LOM engine thingy in the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Killer Whale

Hey, that's a cool MOC. The angles are done well and the many different wings give the ship a nice look, and I think the use of that cockpit idea was just perfect for the MOC. I like how you used pairs of panels to create some of the engines. The (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

(...) Be like Q, and just change the gravitational constant of the universe. Duh :) Adrian -- (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mini Alphabet Project

(...) Great job - they're very faithful to the originals, especially the D- and G-wings. Jeff J (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

(...) Gravity: If you're hyperspace-capable, you could put one or more ships (as massive as possible) in space and let them free-fall toward the planet in the opposite direction you want the planet moved. Before your ship crashes, hyper-jump back to (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

(...) I was about to post a reply to Jon's interesting topic, maybe suggest something about how it would depend on what type and size planet, or how detonating a nearby star would move it (but also destroy its environment). But then, after laughing (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Hey all, Just catching up on this thread. Busy non-Lego stuff lately. Turned into bit of a lurker. Just three comments I want to throw in: 1) See my post in the sub-thread on Feedback Thoughts. (URL) Dan, I must have missed the other ships in the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Scale (was Re: Dragonstar!)

(...) I prefer a larger scale too, for the same resaon: (URL) Dave E's excellent analysis of the subject: (URL) J (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

(...) 1) Everyone to the left of the international date line JUMP! 2) Large planetwide Mexican buffet. 3) Planetary Barry White Music Fesitival. 4) Dangle Carrot in front of planet... yell "giddyyap Planet" from behind. 5) Moonsized bottle of Exlax. (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Awesome ^^ I wish I had something useful to say, but I bet everything has allready been said. I really like the landing gear, I love it when big ships have landing gear. :) -Bennie (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

(...) Probably mobile gravity feild generators spaced out in *front* of the planet to pull it out of the gravity well it belongs in already. A pied-piper of planets. Bear in mind that you're *really* going to screw up the solar system with this. (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

(...) hmmmm... > < - hmmmmm...but would such a think lead to the cracking of the planetary crust and a possible collapse of the planet's upper mantle? What about the fuel source of the engines? I think you would have to some silly Trek thing, like (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

(...) I think I would ask it nicely. "Come on, I've never felt this way about a planet before." Well, it IS Valentine's Day. :D ~Grand Admiral (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) <Cartman> Shut up Dan, nobody likes you. </Cartman> To be perfectly honest, yet not terse nor inflammatory, I think you are getting pretty worked up. You've received many positive remarks, and a couple minor negative ones. Despite Jon's (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Vor'cha Class Attack Cruiser

"Jason Allemann" <jason@truedimensions.com> wrote in message news:HAAC4H.165@lugnet.com... (...) site. (...) Having just wrapped up over 180 episodes of Deep Space Nine, I can say I really like this. Very inspiring, makes me want to make something (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  How would you move a planet?

Unlike my earlier post about the cables and reels, this does not directly have anything to do with an upcoming MOC, but I thought it would be a fun discussion nonetheless. Now moving a giant body from one place to another is obviously a sci fi (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact